Last Updated: February, 5 2021
These Terms of Service (“Terms”) apply to your access to and use of the websites and other online products and services (collectively, the “Services”) provided by Noto Group Inc. (“Noto Group” or “we”). By submitting a professional profile via our Services or otherwise using our Services, you agree to be bound by these Terms, including the mandatory arbitration provision and class action waiver in Section 11.
You must be at least 18 years of age to use our Services. If you use our Services on behalf of another person or entity, (a) all references to “you” throughout these Terms will include that person or entity, (b) you represent that you are authorized to accept these Terms on that person’s or entity’s behalf, and (c) in the event you or the person or entity violates these Terms, the person or entity agrees to be responsible to us.
2. Prohibited Conduct and Content
- You will not violate any applicable law, contract, intellectual property right or other third-party right or commit a tort, and you are solely responsible for your conduct while using our Services or otherwise interacting with Noto Group. You will not:
- Sell, resell or commercially use our Services;
- Copy, reproduce, distribute, publicly perform or publicly display all or portions of our Services, except as expressly permitted by us or our licensors;
- Modify our Services, remove any proprietary rights notices or markings, or otherwise make any derivative works based upon our Services;
- Use our Services other than for their intended purpose and in any manner that could interfere with, disrupt, negatively affect or inhibit other users from fully enjoying our Services or that could damage, disable, overburden or impair the functioning of our Services in any manner;
- Reverse engineer any aspect of our Services or do anything that might discover source code or bypass or circumvent measures employed to prevent or limit access to any part of our Services;
- Use any data mining, robots or similar data gathering or extraction methods designed to scrape or extract data from our Services
- Develop or use any applications that interact with our Services without our prior written consent;
- Send, distribute or post spam, unsolicited or bulk commercial electronic communications, chain letters, or pyramid schemes;
- Bypass or ignore instructions contained in our robots.txt file; or
- Use our Services for any illegal or unauthorized purpose, or engage in, encourage or promote any activity that violates these Terms.
- If you submit a professional profile via our Services or otherwise communicate with us, you may not create, submit, or share any content that:
- Is unlawful, libelous, defamatory, obscene, pornographic, indecent, lewd, suggestive, harassing, threatening, invasive of privacy or publicity rights, abusive, inflammatory or fraudulent;
- Would constitute, encourage or provide instructions for a criminal offense, violate the rights of any party or otherwise create liability or violate any local, state, national or international law;
- May infringe any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other intellectual or proprietary right of any party;
- Contains or depicts any statements, remarks or claims that do not reflect your honest views and experiences;
- Impersonates, or misrepresents your affiliation with, any person or entity;
- Contains any unsolicited promotions, political campaigning, advertising or solicitations;
- Contains any private or personal information of a third party without such third party’s consent;
- Contains any viruses, corrupted data or other harmful, disruptive or destructive files or content; or in our sole judgment, is objectionable, restricts or inhibits any other person from using or enjoying our Services, or may expose Noto Group or others to any harm or liability of any type.
- Enforcement of this Section 2 is solely at Noto Group’s discretion, and failure to enforce this section in some instances does not constitute a waiver of our right to enforce it in other instances. In addition, this Section 2 does not create any private right of action on the part of any third party or any reasonable expectation that the Services will not contain any content that is prohibited by such rules.
3. Ownership; Limited License
The Services, including the text, graphics, images, photographs, videos, illustrations and other content contained therein, are owned by Noto Group or our licensors and are protected under both United States and foreign laws. Except as explicitly stated in these Terms, all rights in and to the Services are reserved by us or our licensors. Subject to your compliance with these Terms, you are hereby granted a limited, nonexclusive, nontransferable, non-sublicensable, revocable license to access and use our Services for your own personal, noncommercial use. Any use of the Services other than as specifically authorized herein, without our prior written permission, is strictly prohibited, will terminate the license granted herein and violate our intellectual property rights.
Noto Group, Noto Group Executive Search, How I Hire, and our logos, our product or service names, our slogans and the look and feel of the Services are trademarks of Noto Group and may not be copied, imitated or used, in whole or in part, without our prior written permission. All other trademarks, registered trademarks, product names and company names or logos mentioned on the Services are the property of their respective owners. Reference to any products, services, processes or other information by trade name, trademark, manufacturer, supplier or otherwise does not constitute or imply endorsement, sponsorship or recommendation by us.
You may voluntarily post, submit or otherwise communicate to us any questions, comments, suggestions, ideas, original or creative materials or other information about Noto Group or our Services (collectively, “Feedback”). You understand that we may use such Feedback for any purpose, commercial or otherwise, without acknowledgment or compensation to you, including to develop, copy, publish, or improve the Feedback in Noto Group’s sole discretion. You understand that Noto Group may treat Feedback as nonconfidential.
6. Third-Party Content
We may provide information about third-party products, services, activities or events, or we may allow third parties to make their content and information available on or through the Services (collectively, “Third-Party Content”). We provide Third-Party Content as a service to those interested in such content. Your dealings or correspondence with third parties and your use of or interaction with any Third-Party Content are solely between you and the third party. Noto Group does not control or endorse, and makes no representations or warranties regarding, any Third-Party Content, and your access to and use of such Third-Party Content is at your own risk.
To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, you will indemnify, defend and hold harmless Noto Group and each of our respective officers, directors, agents, partners and employees (individually and collectively, the “Noto Group Parties”) from and against any losses, liabilities, claims, demands, damages, expenses or costs (“Claims”) arising out of or related to (a) your access to or use of the Services; (b) your Feedback; (c) your violation of these Terms; (d) your violation, misappropriation or infringement of any rights of another (including intellectual property rights or privacy rights); or (e) your conduct in connection with the Services. You agree to promptly notify Noto Group Parties of any third-party Claims, cooperate with Noto Group Parties in defending such Claims and pay all fees, costs and expenses associated with defending such Claims (including attorneys’ fees). You also agree that the Noto Group Parties will have control of the defense or settlement, at Noto Group ‘s sole option, of any third-party Claims. This indemnity is in addition to, and not in lieu of, any other indemnities set forth in a written agreement between you and Noto Group or the other Noto Group Parties.
Your use of our Services is at your sole risk. Except as otherwise provided in a writing by us, our Services and any content therein are provided “as is” and “as available” without warranties of any kind, either express or implied, including implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title, and non-infringement. In addition, Noto Group does not represent or warrant that our Services are accurate, complete, reliable, current or error-free. While Noto Group attempts to make your use of our Services and any content therein safe, we cannot and do not represent or warrant that our Services or servers are free of viruses or other harmful components. You assume the entire risk as to the quality and performance of the Services.
9. Limitation of Liability
- To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, Noto Group and the other Noto Group Parties will not be liable to you under any theory of liability—whether based in contract, tort, negligence, strict liability, warranty, or otherwise—for any indirect, consequential, exemplary, incidental, punitive or special damages or lost profits, even if Noto Group or the other Noto Group Parties have been advised of the possibility of such damages.
- The total liability of Noto Group and the other Noto Group Parties for any claim arising out of or relating to these Terms or our Services, regardless of the form of the action, is limited to $500 unless a separate agreement you have with Noto Group applies.
- The limitations set forth in this Section 9 will not limit or exclude liability for the gross negligence, fraud or intentional misconduct of Noto Group or the other Noto Group Parties or for any other matters in which liability cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law. Additionally, some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitations or exclusions may not apply to you.
10. Transfer and Processing Data
In order for us to provide our Services, you agree that we may process, transfer and store information about you in the United States and other countries, where you may not have the same rights and protections as you do under local law.
11. Dispute Resolution; Binding Arbitration
Please read the following section carefully because it requires you to arbitrate certain disputes and claims with Noto Group and limits the manner in which you can seek relief from us, unless you opt out of arbitration by following the instructions set forth below. No class or representative actions or arbitrations are allowed under this arbitration provision.In addition, arbitration precludes you from suing in court or having a jury trial.
- No Representative Actions. You and Noto Group agree that any dispute arising out of or related to these Terms or our Services is personal to you and Noto Group and that any dispute will be resolved solely through individual action, and will not be brought as a class arbitration, class action or any other type of representative proceeding.
- Arbitration of Disputes.Except for small claims disputes in which you or Noto Group seeks to bring an individual action in small claims court located in the county of your billing address or disputes in which you or Noto Group seeks injunctive or other equitable relief for the alleged infringement or misappropriation of intellectual property, you and Noto Group waive your rights to a jury trial and to have any other dispute arising out of or related to these Terms or our Services, including claims related to privacy and data security, (collectively, “Disputes”) resolved in court. Instead, for any Dispute that you have against Noto Group you agree to first contact Noto Group and attempt to resolve the claim informally by sending a written notice of your claim (“Notice”) to Noto Group by email at email@example.com or by certified mail addressed to 1611 NW Northrup St., Portland, Oregon, 97209. The Notice must (a) include your name, residence address, email address, and telephone number; (b) describe the nature and basis of the Dispute; and (c) set forth the specific relief sought. Our notice to you will be similar in form to that described above. If you and Noto Group cannot reach an agreement to resolve the Dispute within thirty (30) days after such Notice is received, then either party may submit the Dispute to binding arbitration administered by JAMS or, under the limited circumstances set forth above, in court. All Disputes submitted to JAMS will be resolved through confidential, binding arbitration before one arbitrator. Arbitration proceedings will be held in Multnomah County, Oregon unless you are a consumer, in which case you may elect to hold the arbitration in your county of residence. For purposes of this Section 11, a “consumer” means a person using the Services for personal, family or household purposes. You and Noto Group agree that Disputes will be held in accordance with the JAMS Streamlined Arbitration Rules and Procedures (“JAMS Rules”). The most recent version of the JAMS Rules are available on the JAMS website and are hereby incorporated by reference. You either acknowledge and agree that you have read and understand the JAMS Rules or waive your opportunity to read the JAMS Rules and waive any claim that the JAMS Rules are unfair or should not apply for any reason.
- You and Noto Group agree that these Terms affect interstate commerce and that the enforceability of this Section 11 will be substantively and procedurally governed by the Federal Arbitration Act, 9 U.S.C. § 1, et seq. (the “FAA”), to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law. As limited by the FAA, these Terms and the JAMS Rules, the arbitrator will have exclusive authority to make all procedural and substantive decisions regarding any Dispute and to grant any remedy that would otherwise be available in court, including the power to determine the question of arbitrability. The arbitrator may conduct only an individual arbitration and may not consolidate more than one individual’s claims, preside over any type of class or representative proceeding or preside over any proceeding involving more than one individual.
- The arbitration will allow for the discovery or exchange of non-privileged information relevant to the Dispute.The arbitrator, Noto Group, and you will maintain the confidentiality of any arbitration proceedings, judgments and awards, including information gathered, prepared and presented for purposes of the arbitration or related to the Dispute(s) therein. The arbitrator will have the authority to make appropriate rulings to safeguard confidentiality, unless the law provides to the contrary. The duty of confidentiality does not apply to the extent that disclosure is necessary to prepare for or conduct the arbitration hearing on the merits, in connection with a court application for a preliminary remedy or in connection with a judicial challenge to an arbitration award or its enforcement, or to the extent that disclosure is otherwise required by law or judicial decision.
- You and Noto Group agree that for any arbitration you initiate, you will pay the filing fee (up to a maximum of $250 if you are a consumer), and Noto Group will pay the remaining JAMS fees and costs. For any arbitration initiated by Noto Group, Noto Group will pay all JAMS fees and costs. You and Noto Group agree that the state or federal courts of the State of Oregon and the United States sitting in Multnomah County, Oregon have exclusive jurisdiction over any appeals and the enforcement of an arbitration award.
- Any Dispute must be filed within one year after the relevant claim arose; otherwise, the Dispute is permanently barred, which means that you and Noto Group will not have the right to assert the claim.
- You have the right to opt out of binding arbitration within 30 days of the date you first accepted the terms of this Section 11 by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. In order to be effective, the opt-out notice must include your full name and address and clearly indicate your intent to opt out of binding arbitration. By opting out of binding arbitration, you are agreeing to resolve Disputes in accordance with Section 12.
- If any portion of this Section 11 is found to be unenforceable or unlawful for any reason, (a) the unenforceable or unlawful provision shall be severed from these Terms; (b) severance of the unenforceable or unlawful provision shall have no impact whatsoever on the remainder of this Section 11 or the parties’ ability to compel arbitration of any remaining claims on an individual basis pursuant to this Section 11; and (c) to the extent that any claims must therefore proceed on a class, collective, consolidated, or representative basis, such claims must be litigated in a civil court of competent jurisdiction and not in arbitration, and the parties agree that litigation of those claims shall be stayed pending the outcome of any individual claims in arbitration. Further, if any part of this Section 11 is found to prohibit an individual claim seeking public injunctive relief, that provision will have no effect to the extent such relief is allowed to be sought out of arbitration, and the remainder of this Section 11 will be enforceable.
12. Governing Law and Venue
Any dispute arising from these Terms and your use of the Services will be governed by and construed and enforced in accordance with the laws of Oregon, except to the extent preempted by U.S. federal law, without regard to conflict of law rules or principles (whether of Oregon or any other jurisdiction) that would cause the application of the laws of any other jurisdiction. Any dispute between the parties that is not subject to arbitration or cannot be heard in small claims court will be resolved in the state or federal courts of Oregon and the United States, respectively, sitting in Multnomah County, Oregon.
13. Modifying and Terminating our Services
We reserve the right to modify our Services or to suspend or stop providing all or portions of our Services at any time. You also have the right to stop using our Services at any time. We are not responsible for any loss or harm related to your inability to access or use our Services.
We may supply different or additional terms in relation to some of our Services, and those different or additional terms become part of your agreement with us if you use those Services. If there is a conflict between these Terms and the additional terms, the additional terms will control for that conflict.
We may make changes to these Terms from time to time. If we make changes, we will provide you with notice of such changes, such as by sending an email, providing a notice through our Services or updating the date at the top of these Terms. Unless we say otherwise in our notice, the amended Terms will be effective immediately, and your continued use of our Services after we provide such notice will confirm your acceptance of the changes. If you do not agree to the amended Terms, you must stop using our Services.
If any provision or part of a provision of these Terms is unlawful, void or unenforceable, that provision or part of the provision is deemed severable from these Terms and does not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions.
The failure of Noto Group to exercise or enforce any right or provision of these Terms will not operate as a waiver of such right or provision. These Terms reflect the entire agreement between the parties relating to the subject matter hereof and supersede all prior agreements, representations, statements and understandings of the parties. The section titles in these Terms are for convenience only and have no legal or contractual effect. Use of the word “including” will be interpreted to mean “including without limitation.” Except as otherwise provided herein, these Terms are intended solely for the benefit of the parties and are not intended to confer third-party beneficiary rights upon any other person or entity. You agree that communications and transactions between us may be conducted electronically.