Scott Allan is the Global General Manager of Hydro Flask, where he served as CEO and President until their acquisition by Helen of Troy in 2016. Before discovering the outdoor industry, Scott was a tech executive in Silicon Valley. He successfully scaled Hydro Flask’s business and built the brand from the inside out, understanding that the right talent could make or break the company’s essential culture.
Scott has extended his work in the industry through his involvement with two outdoor companies, Cairn and Rumpl, as well as his role on the advisory board for Oregon State University Cascades’ outdoor products program.
Listen to the podcast
Highlights from our conversation include:
• Finding the right talent for the brand
• Landing overqualified talent
• Setting candidate expectations in the hiring process
• Bringing together an experienced leadership team
• Building an inclusive culture
• Hiring ahead of the curve
Visit HowIHire.com for transcripts and more on this episode.