Kara Goldin is the Founder and CEO of Hint, Inc., the healthy lifestyle brand known for award-winning, unsweetened, flavored water. Kara successfully broke into the beverage industry after leaving her role at America Online, determined to create a satisfying drink free from sweeteners. Her podcast, The Kara Goldin Show, features insightful conversations with fellow changemakers. She’s also the author of the bestselling book, Undaunted: Overcoming Doubts and Doubters. In the book, she details her entrepreneurial journey and the lessons she learned along the way. Kara shares how her founding journey forged her distinct approach to hiring.
Highlights from our conversation include
● Kara’s “accidental entrepreneurship” (3:01)
● Her undaunted approach to life and hiring (6:17)
● How she handles talent management and development (10:09)
● Her experience hiring throughout Hint’s growth (15:19)
● What she looks for in candidates beyond experience (22:25)
● Kara’s advice to young people entering the workforce (32:42)
Visit HowIHire.com for transcripts and more on this episode.