LOCATION: Cortez, CO
INDUSTRY: Outdoor Accessories
The Vice President of People is a key member of the executive leadership team, providing a critical voice to the development and deployment of key strategic people initiatives; continuously ensuring that the company has the right people in place who are fully engaged in the business. Reporting to the President and responsible for the global HR functions of the company, the VP of People is responsible for driving leadership and talent development initiatives across the organization.
The VP of People is based at the company HQ in Cortez, CO and works closely with global ofﬁces in Colorado, Utah, the UK and Vietnam. The company is global and values the contributions of all team members, and this role is key to ensuring open and active communication channels.
Key leader for developing and evolving efforts to bring out the best in people and bring in the best people to the company’s growing team. Key functions include:
- Leadership Development: Act as a coach, mentor, advisor to Sr. Management to ensure that our leaders are developing high performance teams that are aligned, accountable, and engaged
- Program Development and Global Synchronization: Ensure that global HR policies and procedures are synchronized across global operations while maintaining ﬂexibility to adapt to regional compliance and employment market conditions
- Change Management: Drive the strategies, programs, and communications necessary for continuous improvement in an environment of constant, healthy change
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion: Foster both a commitment to DE&I as well as the business practices necessary to ensure the only bias that remains is towards high performance and high engagement
- Culture and Retention: Evaluate employee engagement to preserve and enhance culture during growth. Support the culture of open and proactive communications so that every team member has the necessary information needed to be successful
- Total Rewards: Establish and maintain market-based and industry-based best practice processes for setting total rewards philosophy (compensation, beneﬁts, incentives and rewards)
Sr. Leadership Team
The VP of People will play an important part on the Sr. Leadership Team as a peer but also in driving a positive evolution of the team in terms of both executive development and team dynamics.
- Strategy Implementation: Bring strategy, particularly Values, alive within the leadership team and across the organization. Partner with the Sr. Leadership Team to support growth initiatives, manage through change, and enhance overall company performance
- Executive Development: Act as a coach, mentor, advisor, thought-leader, and functional expert to senior management. Hold Sr. Leadership Team accountable on their own management journey
Directly responsible for evolving performance management philosophy and systems. Key functions include:
- Identiﬁcation of high performers and the creation of strategies and tactics that allow us to create our own leaders
- Development of our overall performance management systems
- Creating an integrated goal setting and achievement process that is tightly aligned between all functions and team members
- Responsible for creating a culture where important feedback is given at the right time, in the right way, and is embraced as a tool for team and individual development
- Develop and manage a team of four Human Resource professionals
- Provide mentorship, succession plans, and bring career and personal development programs to life to ensure optimal team performance and long-term retention
- Education: BS/BA in HR or related business discipline required; Master’s degree desired
- 15+ years progressive human resources experience, with a minimum of 5 years’ experience in executive HR Vice President or Director level role
- Demonstrated experience running HR functions with a global, multi-location company
- Executive level experience and practical understanding of strategic planning and effective implementation and measurement of company, department and personal goals and activities
- Experience partnering with, inﬂuencing, and acting as a trusted advisor to executive level peers
- Demonstrated experience in HR strategic planning and execution, speciﬁcally tied to business strategies and objectives
- Ability to inspire, motivate, and coach employees at all levels
- Current knowledge of HR regulations, legal compliance, policy compliance, and managing international business operations
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and senior communication skills required
- Ability to travel as needed. Extended overseas travel anticipated (2 to 4x per year)
To apply for this job please visit www.notogroup.com.