LOCATION: Greater Seattle Area
The VP of Finance, reporting directly into the President and Co-Founder, will head up financial accountability and fiscal health in a dynamic, fast-moving start-up environment. As a senior member of the leadership team, the VP of Finance will ground the company’s decision-making in well-developed financial models and analysis. They will develop financial strategies to ensure financial health, compliance, and appropriate risk management practices, while helping the company set appropriate ambitious growth and financial goals. They will build out creative fundraising approaches to rapidly scale the company, through both equity and debt from private and institutional sources.
The VP of Finance will also share the company’s overall financial analysis in easy-to-comprehend ways to a wide variety of internal and external audiences, including investors, the Board of Directors, and company employees. This position will help make this company a place where every employee is able to understand how their work directly contributes to the success of the organization.
- Curious and entrepreneurial leader that stays abreast of industry trends, able to set a vision, orchestrate a process to execute on that plan, and influence and inspire others to believe
- Demonstrated track record of increasing eCommerce revenues in an omni-channels business model
- Strong website and consumer analytic skills, including the ability to link site design and features to strategic objectives and the ability to use the data and metrics to back up assumptions and recommendations
- Strong communications skills, with the ability to communicate across the entire organization
- Creative, with an eye to develop new and innovative solutions
- Strong team player, able to work successfully across multiple business functions
- Partner with the co-founders and senior leadership team to set long-range financial plans and annual financial goals.
- Engage on issues, trends, data and changes in the hospitality business and competitive environment.
- Continuously assess and communicate organizational performance against budget and strategic financial objectives to meet short- and long-term growth goals.
- Lead the modeling and analysis of future business scenarios and strategic choices.
- Partner with the co-founders to craft messaging and regular presentations to the Board of Directors and investors.
FINANCIAL PLANNING & ANALYSIS:
- Develop financial models required for solid decision making.
- Act as a thought-partner for department leaders to inform financial decisions with intuition and awareness of competitive and creative influences that drive the company.
- Provide projections, analysis, and guidance for consideration when analyzing business initiatives and opportunities, making course corrections or other important decisions that have significant financial implications.
ACCOUNTING, REPORTING, COMPLIANCE AND RISK MANAGEMENT
- Ensure timeliness, accuracy, and usefulness of financial and management reporting. Oversee the preparation and communication of monthly and annual financial statements.
- Establish accounts payable, accounting, fixed assets, and accounts receivable processes.
- Establish and maintain property systems of accounts and keep books and records on all property transactions and assets.
- Provide oversight of inventory control systems intended to preserve company assets and report accurate financial results to ensure timely and accurate analysis of budgets, financial trends, and forecasts.
- Provide advisement and guidance on rolling forecasts, treasury processes, budget adherence, internal controls, GAAP standards, inventory management controls, tax strategy, risk management practices and compliance reporting to local, state, and federal authorities.
- Recruit, retain, and develop a finance and accounting team.
- Demonstrate cross-functional collaboration and a spirit of service at all levels within the organization.
- Build and maintain relationships with external partners such as Finance, Accounting, Tax, and Legal groups.
- Bachelor’s degree plus 10 years of FP&A experience in progressive growth-oriented companies. Advanced degree in Finance, Accounting, or Business preferred.
- Creative thinking to analyze, evaluate and draw the appropriate conclusions from multiple business and data relationships, and the ability to teach others to do the same.
- Strong technical skills and analytical ability. Aptitude to conceptualize and provide advice on complex financial models.
- Quick thinking and execution to support ad hoc information requests and analyses in an environment of short lead times and fast turnarounds.
- Ability to deliver board-level financial presentations that accurately summarize business for investors and the Board of Directors.
- Experience building financial practices in a purpose-driven business environment.
- Hospitality industry knowledge and experience preferred.
- Previous experience traveling, exploring, adventuring and staying in a variety of hotel, hostel, and campground locations preferred.
- All employees are subject to a background check.
To apply for this job please visit www.notogroup.com.