INDUSTRY: Consumer Goods
LOCATION: Burlington, VT
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the Vice President, Marketing (the “VP”) will be a strategic business partner to the executive team and will define and implement demand generation strategies and programs for ensuring the company’s continued rapid growth and profitability.
The VP will be responsible for defining and driving the global brand and marketing goals to support the company’s strategy. This executive will enhance the strong brand recognition strategy that will make the brand a recognized and demanded provider among end-users around the world.
- Creating content and messaging to communicate the brand’s emphasis on soldier protection, best in class product innovation, and dynamic company platforms. As soldier protection is their core business, they must be able to understand soldier needs and communicate authentically to them in multiple media settings while also reaching program decision makers for complex, extended decision-making cycles.
- Assisting global sales force and distribution partners through the demand generation process – development, pre-sales, proposal development and negotiations, and post-sale delivery and customer support.
- Raising awareness amongst key influencers of the company’s unique insights into soldier requirements, protective technologies, and system requirements to reinforce the company’s reputation as a global leader.
- Generating insights about future market demand for protective equipment based on an understanding of government buying cycles, emerging technology and product trends, the impact of global threat levels, competitive actions, and consumer desires. This will help drive strategies to create an emotional connection and drive demand generation and pull-through sales.
- Creating 3-5 year marketing roadmaps for major customer segments, geographic territories, and product groups. The insights will be used to develop product plans, forecast production capacity requirements, build distribution channels, select go-to-market partners, and price products for Commercial Off The Shelf (COTS) markets and program bids.
- Developing, partnering, and overseeing the implementation of all of the organization’s external and internal communications and materials, inclusive of online, print and digital products, and social media strategies.
- Research and identify opportunities to grow business in current business segments and advise on opportunities to pursue new channels.
Marketing Program Development
- Developing and implementing integrated strategic marketing and communications plans to advance the company’s unique brand identity. Broaden awareness of its products and support the organization’s mission and objectives.
- Owning and driving the solicited and unsolicited proposal process with governments and governmental agencies, as well as through dealers, distributors, Prime Contractors, OEM’s and other partners.
- Overseeing trade show, print, PR and digital marketing activities, providing leadership to increase customer engagement.
- Oversee all editorial content and coordinate all action opportunities to achieve maximum revenue and impact.
- Building marketing budgets and directing strategic planning.
- Providing managerial leadership – planning, hiring, developing, and coordinating an innovative marketing team.
- Experience managing marketing function in a high-growth environment, including different size & scope environments. The right candidate will bring a mix of big-company-capability with smaller-organization agility.
- Demonstrated experience in strategic decision-making, demand generation and overall vision for an organization’s target customers, product mix and positioning strategy, including all the relevant marketing levers.
- Strong understanding of data analytics and proactive approach to marketing. Proven experience using data to provide greater customer insight, drive innovation and improve efficiency and productivity. Applying this insight to optimizing digital media channels for demand generation, sales support and customer success will be a critical component.
- Experience with institutional sales processes at a minimum (B2B), but preferably in government sales (B2G), where program management, bids and proposals, and contract management are the common form of generating revenue.
- International commercial experience, exposure to various business cultures, market structures, and decision-making processes, particularly with government decision makers.
- Hands-on pragmatism and humility in a high-growth environment.
- Genuine passion for soldier protection and strong connectiveness with end-user.