LOCATION: Sonoma, CA
INDUSTRY: Food and Beverage
The SVP of Sales will play a pivotal role at this critical point in this better-for-you snack company’s growth path. This role is responsible for the development and execution of multi-channel sales strategy to scale penetration of the brand across conventional grocery, natural grocery, club, and food service channels. The SVP of Sales will prioritize sales team activity and focus to ensure optimal execution of resources to drive sales in target segments.
The SVP of Sales will work closely with all company functions, especially product development, supply chain, marketing and operations, to refine and execute strategy, align the organization towards priorities, and achieve key milestones and results. The ideal candidate will be a proactive, results-driven strategic thinker with a hands-on, entrepreneurial mindset and the ability to leverage data to drive sales strategy. This leader will be a player/coach, developing new sales, managing key accounts, mentoring sales team members, developing and growing the sales team, organizing the team for performance and driving results to and beyond the goal.
- Actively participate with senior leadership team to monitor and execute strategic initiatives consistent with the company’s vision, purpose, values and 3-year goals; lead the initiative of evolving sales channels.
- Develop and lead execution of an integrated sales strategy to optimize sales team effectiveness and drive sales growth and profitability within core channels.
- Communicate vision and strategy for the sales function to internal stakeholders and external partners.
- As a player/coach, lead, develop and scale the sales team to drive results throughout the company’s distribution channels, with a focus in conventional grocery, natural grocery, club, and food service channels.
- Expand multi-channel penetration and increased sell-through programs adjusted to brand strategy and channel prioritization.
- Enhance the company’s relationship with key accounts and develop new key account relationships.
- Manage and improve network distributors and brokers, constantly revising and providing support in order to increase effectiveness.
- Actively participate with other functions to optimize product launches and go-to-market plans.
- Proactively identify and assess competitors, marketplace obstacles and any hurdles to the business’s success.
- Create/develop sales management tools including pipeline reporting and CRM database.
- Compose tactical and strategic annual sales and marketing plans, including tradeshow activity, customer visits and account-by-account sales goals using data-driven decision making and analytics to inform process.
- Create aggressive sales goals, internal stretch goals and strategic hiring plan to be approved by the board, focusing on diversifying sales to enter new regions, channels, and markets.
- Recent successful experience leading a national sales team for a high-growth, emerging food brand.
- Experience working across two or more of the following channels: Natural/Specialty, Conventional, Club or Convenience.
- Proven ability to leverage data to drive sales strategy, measure performance and manage sales team effectiveness.
- Experience implementing best practices in sales funnel management and key account management for a snack and/or dry grocery product. Experience developing and managing broker and distributor relationships.
- Organized and results-driven with a proven ability scaling, developing and inspiring staff and building high-impact teams that exceed revenue targets.
- Proven talent management experience with ability to attract, cultivate, and retain top performers.
- Ability to engage with executive team and board on matters of sales strategy and execution.
To apply for this job please visit www.notogroup.com.