LOCATION: Portland, OR
INDUSTRY: Food and Beverage
Reporting to the President, the Sr. Manager of Human Resources will be a true HR generalist with the ability to quickly transition focus between recruiting, training, development, and performance management as well as advising on compensation, benefits, and wellness programs, while staying up to date on safety, compliance, immigration and citizenship standards. The Sr. Manager may lead programs that promote employee engagement, development, and connectivity in alignment with the company’s mission and values. The Sr. Manager will advocate for a company culture based in compassion and patience with focus on excellence, innovation and fair value.
ACCOUNTABILITIES / ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Recruiting, Training, and Development
- Develop and maintain process for pre-employment hiring, orientation, training and safety, job descriptions, wellness programs, DOL classifications, leave of absence, workers’ compensation and injury claims, I9 reporting, and COBRA administration.
- Develop and annually maintain employee handbook, review process, 401K trustee meetings, and structure of pay and benefits to market analysis.
- Direct annual benefits review and budgeting with insurance broker followed by annual open enrollment and benefits fair. Clearly communicate benefits and changes in benefits to employees while maintaining the company budget.
- Collaborate with VP of Finance and department managers on department payroll budgets.
- Recruit, mentor, motivate and develop talented people, from full-time annual employees to seasonal interns.
Employee Relations and Wellness Programs
- Organize and communicate volunteer opportunities for employees within our community. Serve as liaison for various community partners.
- Serve as the cultural liaison between various employee groups and management groups. Assist in resolution of employee or management questions or concerns.
- Collaborate on both companywide and departmental social and team building events.
Safety, Compliance, and Immigration
- Establish and foster trusted one-on-one employee relationships while protecting the company’s interests and rights. Communicate consistent application of policies and laws.
- Incorporate citizenship and immigration concerns into employee relations.
- Participate in audits of various benefit plans for annual compliance, OSHA, FDA, DOL, etc.
- Chair the company safety committee.
- Bachelor’s degree with a minimum five years’ experience in human resources management.
- Spanish language/comprehension is a plus.
- Background with an agricultural or manufacturing company a plus.
- Flexible and creative with uncompromising personal ethics.
- Excellent skills in human empathy, critical thinking, problem solving, and data management and analysis.
- Strong interpersonal skills with demonstrated results. Exceptional verbal and written skills.
- Willingness to jump in on special projects as they come up.
- Share in a culture that includes passion for excellence and innovation. Compassion, patience and a highly developed sense of humor are necessary for success.
To apply for this job please visit www.notogroup.com.