LOCATION: Seattle, WA
The Development Director will be responsible for development opportunities from pre-acquisition through project completion to expand the brand into selected target markets throughout North America. Their primary responsibilities will be sourcing support and execution/implementation of renovation and property improvements. The Development Director will lead real estate and development growth, preferably through its own investment vehicles, utilizing a strategy based on developing an “asset heavy” portfolio with multiple hotels in outdoor markets. This role will be responsible for the entire real estate life cycle and ongoing portfolio management; from pre-acquisition diligence, design and construction management, to ongoing maintenance program management.
- Partner with Co-Founders support acquisition (pre-transaction) opportunities
- Coordinate analysis of identified target properties to establish feasibility for the brand concept. Tasks include analysis of zoning and entitlement constraints, inspections, full building analysis, estimating and scheduling
- Coordinate the production of internal decision-making documents (feasibility analysis, due diligence reports, investment committee memos, etc.) for senior management and shareholders
- Secure suitable partners and build extensive local networks in support of development efforts (developers, subcontractors, general contractors, etc.) across a National scope
- Establish the Development Playbook through the assessment of existing property acquisitions and renovations, while identifying synergies and consistencies to create a foundation for scale, based on current and future development projects
- Monitor and enforce compliance of development projects with approved investment parameters, from closing of an acquisition transaction until completion of the site buildout
- Accountability for developing and performing against project budgets and schedules while identifying efficiencies across multiple projects simultaneously.
- Manage feasibility analysis of proposed changes to development projects, including decision making documents (subsequent investment approvals, etc.)
- Generate and oversee portfolio wide facility operations and maintenance plan
- Lead development team in generating standard design guidelines, RFP process, project management SOPs, estimating standards, and scheduling system
- 5-10 years’ experience as a development, construction-oriented, value add real estate professional
- Hospitality real estate development experience preferred
- Finalized relevant academic education (Commercial Real Estate or Real Estate related, Construction Management, Business Administration etc.)
- Experience overseeing multiple geographically dispersed projects simultaneously
- Superior analytic, problem-solving, communication and negotiation skills
- Ability to work both independently in local markets, as well within a cross-functional team environment
- Strong time management skills with ability to prioritize effectively
- Experience directly in creating and managing the implementation of design driven development
- Willingness to work in an entrepreneurial environment and perform multiple office related tasks and an open-minded attitude towards learning new skills
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment, where many things are still new, and processes are developed under time constraints and deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to remain positive and continue solving problems under pressure.