LOCATION: Seattle, WA
INDUSTRY: Outdoor / Apparel
The Design Director is responsible for the high-quality execution of designs in all collections, categories and products whether they be designed internally or externally.
- Manage any in house or outside designers assigned to the project on established project time lines. Responsible for inspiring creativity and fostering new concepts that expand on brand defining products and technologies.
- Responsible for executing individual designs and/or collections according to stated project briefs. These designs must be produced with a deep knowledge of product components, costing, target margins, and required FOBs.
- Accountable for execution of high-quality design/tech packages whether they come from internal or external resources. Responsible for the creation of visual tools that can be used by the brand for internal and external meetings and presentations.
- Partner with the Innovation Director to create and communicate innovative technology and design language which results in commercialization, awards and profit for the company.
- Research outside the industry, inside the industry and trade shows for new materials, colors and design trends that are then appropriately incorporated into the greater line.
- Set seasonal color palette and basis this on trend and commercial success.
- Develos and tracks a design schedule to ensure timely completion of designs and design packages according to the development calendar.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Strong leader with experience managing internal and external talent and being both inspiring and a task master.
- Experience creating design briefs and product creative vision.
- Strong color and print taste level with the proven ability to create seasonal palettes.
- Experience in designing and building technical, innovative constructions.
- Awareness of consumer trends, competition and business processes.
- Awareness of global product development, materials, fit & construction.
- Understanding of global manufacturing, and pricing process.
- Strong, confident, presenter. Advanced skills in creating presentations.
- Engaged collaborator, teammate and influencer.
- Experience working with multi-disciplined teams; global experience preferred
10 years’ experience in apparel product design, 4 years college or equivalent design school or industry experience.
WHAT DO WE BRING TO THE TABLE?
- 10 paid holidays each year and 3 floating holidays
- Transportation benefits
- Paid volunteer time
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans
- 401K with company match
- Bouldering wall, work out room, gear rentals
- Product discounts
- Employee interest groups including various sports activities and our one and only Fun Force club
To apply for this job please visit www.notogroup.com.