LOCATION: Portland, OR
INDUSTRY: Beverage / CPG
Reporting to the CEO, the Chief Financial Officer is responsible for providing critical leadership in the financial stewardship and strategy for profitable growth. As a senior member of the leadership team, the CFO plays a strategic role in the overall management of the company and directs all aspects of the Finance, Accounting and Technology functions across a multi-channel business. This is a highly visible role that includes frequent interaction with parent company and owner groups and other key internal and external stakeholders. This role also drives change management efforts through process, systems, and reporting improvements to provide increased visibility into financial results, to enable enhancements to productivity and to inform key decisions on our operations and business model.
- Partner with the CEO and senior leadership team to set long range financial plan and annual financial goals.
- Engage on issues, trends, data and changes in the business and competitive environment to provide strategic and operational guidance to the CEO and leadership team.
- Continuously assess and communicate organizational performance against budget and strategic financial objectives to meet short and long-term growth goals.
- Lead the modeling and analysis of future business scenarios and strategic choices.
- Partner with the CEO to craft messaging and regular presentations to the BOD, parent company and broader ownership group.
FINANCIAL PLANNING & ANALYSIS
- Act as a thought-partner for department leaders to inform financial decisions with intuition and awareness of competitive and creative influences that drive the company.
- Provide projections, analysis, and guidance for consideration when analyzing business initiatives and opportunities, making course corrections or other important decisions that have significant financial implications.
- Facilitate discussions and advise on decisions around capital budgeting (IT, Facilities, Cafes and other areas) to develop capital expenditure budget for review by Finance Team.
ACCOUNTING, REPORTING, COMPLIANCE & RISK ASSESSMENT
- Ensure timeliness, accuracy, and usefulness of financial and management reporting. Oversee the preparation and communication of monthly and annual financial statements.
- Provide oversight of inventory control systems intended to preserve company assets and report accurate financial results to ensure timely and accurate analysis of budgets, financial trends, and forecasts.
- Provide advisement and guidance on rolling forecasts, treasury processes, budget adherence, internal controls, GAAP standards, inventory management controls, tax strategy, risk management practices and compliant reporting to local, state, and federal authorities.
- Recruit, retain and develop a team that delivers performance excellence while fostering a collaborative and authentic team environment aligned with the company culture.
- Demonstrate cross-functional collaboration and a spirit of service to business partners at all levels within the organization.
- Build and maintain relationships with external partners such as Finance, Accounting, Tax and Legal partners at parent company and ownership group.
- Bachelor’s degree plus 15 years of FP&A experience in progressive growth-oriented companies. Advanced degree in finance, accounting, or business preferred.
- CPG industry or multi-channel (manufacturing/foodservice/retail) experience highly preferred.
- Proven track record of success building and developing high performance teams.
- Creative thinking to analyze, evaluate and draw the appropriate conclusions from multiple business and data relationships and interactions.
- Strong technical skills and analytical ability. Aptitude to conceptualize and provide advice on complex financial models.
- Ability to gather, manipulate, and manage large amounts of data from a variety of sources, understand complex relationships and draw conclusions to recommend the best course of action.
- Ability to influence a wide variety of stakeholders through clear and compelling communication
- Quick thinking and execution to support ad hoc information requests and analyses, in an environment of short lead times and the need for fast turnaround.
- Excellent PC skills with ability to design and maintain complex financial models and to create high quality financial presentations.
- Ability to deliver board-level financial presentations that accurately summarize business for parent company, owner group or other partners.
- Values-driven leadership style to guide and develop a team in alignment with the company’s culture and business goals.
To apply for this job please visit www.notogroup.com.