Dr. Charles Handler is an industrial-organizational psychologist and talent assessment specialist. He’s the President and Founder of Rocket-Hire, a talent consultancy that has partnered with hundreds of leading companies. He also hosts the Science 4-Hire podcast. Charles has extensive expertise in technology-based assessments and selection science. We discuss how today’s tools can help companies hire at the executive level.
Fun fact: Charles also has a love of classic cars and was featured on the History Channel’s Big Easy Motors.
Listen to the podcast
Highlights from our conversation include
● How organizational psychology can inform every step of the hiring process (5:02)
● Job fit versus organization fit (7:37)
● Why humans are inherently flawed in evaluating candidate capabilities (9:55)
● Why some popular assessments are not appropriate for selection (13:11)
● How much weight we can put in the Hogan Assessment (15:01)
● Models for executive assessment (17:35)
● The importance of human judgment in executive level assessment (20:49)
● How to evaluate leadership (22:50)
● AI’s strengths and weaknesses (25:06)
● How remote work will influence companies’ needs (28:41)
Check out Roy’s upcoming webinar on the future of hiring, part of Big Path Capital’s Impact CEO Series.
Visit HowIHire.com for transcripts and more on this episode.