Dina and Roy dive deeper into what companies should look for in a modern CMO. With 25+ years’ experience, Dina blends her agency and in-house background for a unique and insightful POV on identifying a strong marketing leader and lends her personal learnings and anecdotes from her own hiring experiences.
In this podcast you’ll hear why the most successful CMOs are those that know where their strengths and weaknesses lie and hire a strong team to balance the scales. Hear Dina’s own experience on learning when to invest and develop a team member – “when they know better, they do better” – and when its best to simply cut your losses.
You’ll also learn why the best CMOs are a balance of magic (creative) and logic (analytical). And why self-introspection is necessary to ensure a lasting and meaningful fit with the brand.
Dina also explains why a never-ending sense of curiosity and a (mild) obsession with your customer can be a CMOs best assets. Tune in to hear all of this, and more, on this month’s “How I Hire” podcast.
Listen to the podcast
Highlights from our conversation include:
- Which skills and competencies to look for when hiring a CMO (4:02)
- How to evaluate the analytical capabilities of a CMO candidate (6:39)
- The importance of having a creative vision as a CMO (7:33)
- How CMOs are developing both art and science skills today (8:25)
- How to look for values alignment when interviewing CMOs (9:46)
- Dina’s experience coming into purpose-driven brand (11:24)
- How to assess an existing team as a new CMO (13:44)
- How Dina structures her teams (14:50)
- What steps she takes when a team member doesn’t succeed in their role (16:38)
- How Dina identifies future leaders (20:23)
Visit HowIHire.com for transcripts and more on this episode.